Packaging : 10kg | 25kg | 300kg |
About Mountain Honey
Multi-plant honey, the nectar of different plants makes them produced. Mountain honey is one of the multi-plant honey. In Iran, due to having many mountainous areas and mountains rich in medicinal plants, it is possible to harvest mountain honey.
The reason for the name of this honey is different from the plant tag honey, because the honey of several plants is the reason for the name of the honey harvesting area, and the single plant honey is the type of plant from which the honey is made.
Nectar of plants Eryngium , Prangosferulacea , Echinops , Centaurea cyanus and… is the reason for the production of this honey.
How to Make Mountain Honey?
The honey bee works on various medicinal plants that grow in the mountains and takes their nectar to the hive and processes it, producing honey from these various nectars, which is called mountain honey.
Mountain honey production starts at the end of spring, which means our beekeepers put their hives in the mountains at this time.
This honey includes the largest share of Iran’s honey production. This type of honey can be produced in most of the mountainous pastures of Iran, but in the mountainous areas of Western Alborz and Northern Zagros in the provinces of Ardabil, West and East Azerbaijan, Kurdistan, and Lorestan due to the variety of plants rich in nectar and the absence of nectar of a plant species, this type Honey is produced in a larger amount and is one of the highest quality honey in Iran.
Mountain honey is one of the highest quality honey in Iran for several reasons:
First, the nectar of various medicinal plants is collected by honey bees and has medicinal properties and high nutritional value. Second, the produced honey is healthy, and the clean climate and free from chemical pollution has made it of high quality.
SCA can supply this unique honey in large volumes and with world-class quality
Mountain Honey Benefits
- Tonic & Energizing
- The first property of honey is tonic and energizing due to its richness in various sugars and fast digestion, and the use of honey as a natural and healthy sugar compound is very important in providing carbohydrates to the body cells for metabolism and normal function of all organs.
- Wound & burn treatment
- The special property of honey is healing wounds and burns and repairing damaged tissues, which has been mentioned in traditional and modern medicine. The use of honey as a wound healer is the oldest human medicinal version of honey. In modern medicine in recent decades the use of honey in the treatment of wounds and burns and even wound healing has increased due to the healing effect and repair of uncomplicated skin.
- Anti-cold & Cough
- Treatment of colds, coughs and sore throats is another confirmed effect of honey in many sources and has been recommended by doctors and even in some countries including New Zealand, Australia and the UK use honey in doctors’ prescriptions to treat colds, sore throats and coughs.Honey is also used directly and indirectly in anti-cough products.
- Honey & diabetes
- The use of honey in type I and type II diabetes was associated with significantly lower glycemic index than with glucose or sucrose in normal diabetes. Honey compared with dextrose caused a significantly lower rise in plasma glucose levels in diabetic subjects. It also caused reduction of blood lipids, homocysteine levels and C-reactive protein (CRP) levels in normal and hyperlipidemic subjects . In earlier observations, it was found that honey stimulates insulin secretion, decrease blood glucose levels, elevates hemoglobin concentration and improves lipid profile.
- Cardiovascular health
- Honey contains antioxidants, so its consumption is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Honey helps skin health and is anti-aging.
- Antimicrobial properties
- The most important property of honey is its antimicrobial properties. While honey is a purely edible substance and should be a good place for germs to grow, germs are killed by exposure to honey and their bodies are eventually destroyed. Because honey contains antibiotics and the enzyme diastase.
- Improve sleep disorders
- Honey is hypnotic and people with sleep disorders are advised to drink a few tablespoons of honey before going to bed.