Packaging : 10kg | 25kg | 300kg |
Eryngium billardieri is a plant from the Apiaceae genus, the height of this plant is 50 to 200 cm. The flowers are purple and have sharp and long spines. Eryngium billardieri flowers bloom from July to August and produce a lot of nectar, which is why it is very attractive to bees.
There are about 9 species of Eryngium billardieri in Iran and we see this valuable medicinal species in most of the pastures of Iran, especially in the mountainous heights of Alborz and Zagros.
Features of Eryngium Honey
The high density of this plant grows in the mountainous regions of western Iran and in the Zagros vegetation region. And in these areas Eryngium honey can be harvested. Eryngium honey is one of the special honeys of the mountainous heights of Iran and has a high quality.
Eryngium honey , like nectar-producing plant, has high amounts of phenolic and flavonoid compounds and has many therapeutic effects such as pain relief, sexual potency, sedative, suitable for diabetes and liver problems.
Eryngium honey, like many honeys in the mountainous regions of Iran, is free of chemical residues due to the lack of use of chemical inputs such as pesticides and chemical fertilizers, and is valuable in this regard.
SCA can supply this unique honey in large volumes and with world-class quality
Eryngium Honey Benefits
- Tonic & Energizing
- The first property of honey is tonic and energizing due to its richness in various sugars and fast digestion, and the use of honey as a natural and healthy sugar compound is very important in providing carbohydrates to the body cells for metabolism and normal function of all organs.
- Wound & burn treatment
- The special property of honey is healing wounds and burns and repairing damaged tissues, which has been mentioned in traditional and modern medicine. The use of honey as a wound healer is the oldest human medicinal version of honey. In modern medicine, in recent decades the use of honey in the treatment of wounds and burns and even wound healing has increased due to the healing effect and repair of uncomplicated skin.
- Anti-cold & Cough
- Treatment of colds, coughs and sore throats is another confirmed effect of honey in many sources and has been recommended by doctors and even in some countries including New Zealand, Australia and the UK use honey in doctors’ prescriptions to treat colds, sore throats, and coughs. Honey is also used directly and indirectly in anti-cough products.
- Honey & diabetes
- The use of honey in type I and type II diabetes was associated with a significantly lower glycemic index than with glucose or sucrose in normal diabetes. Honey compared with dextrose caused a significantly lower rise in plasma glucose levels in diabetic subjects. It also caused a reduction in blood lipids, homocysteine levels, and C-reactive protein (CRP) levels in normal and hyperlipidemic subjects. In earlier observations, it was found that honey stimulates insulin secretion, decreases blood glucose levels, elevates hemoglobin concentration, and improves lipid profile.
- Cardiovascular health
- Honey contains antioxidants, so its consumption is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Honey helps skin health and is anti-aging.
- Antimicrobial properties
- The most important property of honey is its antimicrobial properties. While honey is a purely edible substance and should be a good place for germs to grow, germs are killed by exposure to honey and their bodies are eventually destroyed. Because honey contains antibiotics and the enzyme diastase.
- Improve sleep disorders
- Honey is hypnotic and people with sleep disorders are advised to drink a few tablespoons of honey before going to bed.