Packaging : 10kg | 25kg | 300kg |
Coriandrum sativum is the scientific name of the coriander plant.
This plant is very old and the coriander fruit has medicinal uses in ancient times.
Based on the remaining historical works, the age of the plant has been estimated at 2500 BC.
The most important countries producing this plant are Russia, India, Italy, Bulgaria, Spain, Morocco, Holland, Pakistan, Romania, England, Egypt, and America.
The life of a coriander plant is one year and the length of this plant is 30-60 cm.
Coriander leaves are green or light green and the stems have beautiful flowers in white and pink colors. Also, the flowering season of coriander is in June and July.
More than 7000 hectares of coriander are cultivated in Iran every year.
Hamadan and Kermanshah provinces have the highest level of coriander cultivation in Iran.
How to Make Coriander Honey?
Harvesting coriander honey is possible if the purpose of coriander cultivation is to produce seeds until it reaches the flowering stage.
Coriander flowers have a lot of nectar and pollen and are very attractive to bees.
In June and July, which is the flowering season of coriander, our beekeepers settle their colonies next to the fields for three purposes:
- Harvesting honey
- Bee production
- Pollen collection (coriander pollen is pink to light purple)
The flowering period of coriander is about 4 weeks and it gives the bee a good opportunity to work on coriander flowers and bring nectar and pollen to the hive and process it.
The result of all these efforts is tasty and fragrant honey, called coriander honey
Features of Coriander Honey
Coriander honey has an amber color, it has a strong and unique flavor that expresses the herbal origin of honey.
Coriander honey has moderate sweetness and is a very high quality, rare and popular honey in the world
We can supply this rare honey in Iran in large quantities because the level of coriander cultivation in Iran is very high.
Coriander honey has unique characteristics and the reason for these characteristics is its effective medicinal ingredients such as linalool, alpha-pinene, limonene, and rutin found in the nectar of coriander flowers.
The most important properties of this honey can be mentioned as anti-spasm (muscle cramps), anti-flatulence, stomach booster, anti-diarrhea, healing mouth ulcers, increasing breast milk, enhancing memory, and sexual power.
Coriander honey has high anti-fungal and antibacterial effects and can be very useful in treating wounds and burns and repairing skin tissue.
SCA can supply this unique honey in large volumes and with world-class quality
Coriander Honey Benefits
- Tonic & Energizing
- The first property of honey is tonic and energizing due to its richness in various sugars and fast digestion, and the use of honey as a natural and healthy sugar compound is very important in providing carbohydrates to the body cells for metabolism and normal function of all organs.
- Wound & burn treatment
- The special property of honey is healing wounds and burns and repairing damaged tissues, which has been mentioned in traditional and modern medicine. The use of honey as a wound healer is the oldest human medicinal version of honey. In modern medicine, in recent decades the use of honey in the treatment of wounds and burns and even wound healing has increased due to the healing effect and repair of uncomplicated skin.
- Anti-cold & Cough
- Treatment of colds, coughs and sore throats is another confirmed effect of honey in many sources and has been recommended by doctors and even in some countries including New Zealand, Australia and the UK use honey in doctors’ prescriptions to treat colds, sore throats, and coughs. Honey is also used directly and indirectly in anti-cough products.
- Honey & diabetes
- The use of honey in type I and type II diabetes was associated with a significantly lower glycemic index than with glucose or sucrose in normal diabetes. Honey compared with dextrose caused a significantly lower rise in plasma glucose levels in diabetic subjects. It also caused a reduction in blood lipids, homocysteine levels, and C-reactive protein (CRP) levels in normal and hyperlipidemic subjects. In earlier observations, it was found that honey stimulates insulin secretion, decreases blood glucose levels, elevates hemoglobin concentration, and improves lipid profile.
- Cardiovascular health
- Honey contains antioxidants, so its consumption is beneficial for cardiovascular health. Honey helps skin health and is anti-aging.
- Antimicrobial properties
- The most important property of honey is its antimicrobial properties. While honey is a purely edible substance and should be a good place for germs to grow, germs are killed by exposure to honey and their bodies are eventually destroyed. Because honey contains antibiotics and the enzyme diastase.
- Improve sleep disorders
- Honey is hypnotic and people with sleep disorders are advised to drink a few tablespoons of honey before going to bed.